Luang Prabang - Pak Ou Cave - Traditional Villages - Kuang Si Waterfall
- 03 Nights Accommodation with breakfast. - Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above.
- Boat cruises as specified in the program.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary. - Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program - Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.Visas. - Dinners, except as specified above. - Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses. - Surcharge for peak season (if any) & other not mentioned in the above detail program.
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a room with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate
|Luang Prabang Hotel
Ancient Luang Prabang
Hotel De la Paix
Price per person in USD in the from 1st Oct to 31st Sept
Day 1 Luang Prabang Arrival - City Tour
Warmly welcome to Luang Prabang - the ancient first capital of Lane Xang kingdom, the center of religious life in Laos and today the World Heritage City . You will br transferred to hotel for check-in.
In the afternoon, you take a sightseeing tour of the sacred city of temples which is nearly fifty temples still remain in the town and surrounding areas. Visit Wat Visoun- the 16th century temple served as a small museum for religious artifacts; Wat Aham- the early 19th century temple, whose two guardian figures at the foot of the steps which represent two characters from the Ramayana – Hanuman, the Monkey God and a fierce Yaksa; Wat Xiengthong- the 16th century temple which is more than any temples in Luang Prabang, epitomizes all the elegance and grace of Luang Prabang architecture; Phousi Hill- the 328 steps leads to the summit of Phousi hill that dominates the sky-line of Luang Prabang overlooking the finest panoramic view in the whole Luang Prabang. Stay overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 2 Luang Prabang - Pak Ou Cave - Traditional Villages
An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (often in the form of sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos , being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the ritual.
Following breakfast, you depart from hotel to the boat landing for an excursion by boat upstream on the Mekong to visit Pak Ou cave in the side of a lime stone cliff and opposite of the mouth of the Mekong and Ou rivers. The sanctuaries at Pak Ou consist of two large caves. Both repositories for thousands of Buddha images which range from mere centimeter to two meters in height.
En route, Lao typical villages are barely visible behind a screen of foliage. Slender canoes bobbing by the shore, bamboo poles and floats mark the location of nets and fish traps. First stop will be at Ban Muangkeo which is a well-known village for Lao traditional rice whisky, namely Laoh-Khao to be distilled. We are welcome to taste it and also take away. Lunch is at a riverside restaurant.
You drive back to Luang Prabang in late afternoon and continue by car to outskirt of town to visit Ban Xangkhong which is a well-known village for its wood paper making and also Lao silk weavings with natural dyes. Stay overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 3 Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfall
Today, you take a drive (30 km South) to visit Kuangsi Waterfall, which though not very high, is spectacular and really beautiful with its green surroundings as the preserved National park. En-route, you stop to visit a fresh produced market namely Talad Phosy, and also visit Ban Na Oune - a small village of a hill-tribe group “Hmong”, probably the best-known minority group in Laos . Just before arriving at Kuangsi waterfall, there is another village of Khmu minority group, namely Ban Tha Pane that we will visit. Picnic lunch is served at the shady park nearby Kuangsi waterfall. There is plenty of time for relaxing and a swim in cool water before you head back to Luang Prabang in the late afternoon. The rest of the day is spent by visiting various craft-shops including silver smiths' and also Hmong market in town where some skilled embroidery-works of Hmong ladies can be seen. Stay overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 4 Luang Prabang Departure
Enjoy your free time for souvenir shopping until transfer to the airport for your onward flight. Thank you for traveling with Minmax.
Photo gallery of Luang Prabang World Heritage Discovery (4 days/3 nights)